BTW - Though I've never had a consumer ask for this extra coverage, the endorsement is available as an addition to an owner policy for a cost of $50, too. It's PA 810 which if the PA equivalent to the ALTA 4.-06 endorsement.
Here's what is says:
The Company insures against loss or damage sustained by the Insured by reason of:
- The failure of the unit identified in Schedule A and its common elements to be part of a condominium within the meaning of the condominium statutes of the jurisdiction in which the unit and its common elements are located.
- The failure of the documents required by the condominium statutes to comply with the requirements of the statutes to the extent that such failure affects the Title to the unit and its common elements.
- Present violations of any restrictive covenants that restrict the use of the unit and its common elements and that are contained in the condominium documents. The restrictive covenants do not contain any provisions that will cause a forfeiture or reversion of the Title. As used in this paragraph 3, the words "restrictive covenants" do not refer to or include any covenant, condition, or restrictions (a) relating to obligations of any type to perform maintenance, repair, or remediation on the Land, or (b) pertaining to environmental protection of any kind or nature, including hazardous or toxic matters, conditions, or substances, except to the extent that a notice of violation or alleged violation affecting the Land has been recorded in the Public Records at Date of Policy and is not excepted in Schedule B.
- Any charges or assessments provided for in the condominium statutes and condominium documents due and unpaid at Date of Policy.
- The failure of the unit and its common elements to be entitled by law to be assessed for real property taxes as a separate parcel.
- Any obligation to remove any improvements that exist at Date of Policy because of any present encroachments or because of any future unintentional encroachment of the common elements upon any unit or of any unit upon the common elements or another unit.
- The failure of the Title by reason of a right of first refusal to purchase the unit and its common elements which was exercised or could have been exercised at Date of Policy.