Saturday, February 18, 2012

She shredded the files.

I've been trying to write a post about a title agent who sold her agency to an attorney.  She used to run a few affiliated agencies out of one office - one was owned by a large regional real estate broker.  I wasn't really paying any attention to this matter, infact, I had no idea that the agencies had closed or the lead agency sold.  I just happened to have an unsatisfied mortgage related to a transaction closed by her company.

I called for assistance, but the files are gone.

She shredded the files.

She shredded the files.

I can't think of anything else to say because it's just astounding to me.

She shredded the files.

3 comments:

Custom Log Homes said...

It happens. Sometimes someone does crazy things.

D said...

Well, much of the value of an existing title agency is its title plant, the back files.

In this case I have to presume that the risk of discovering what was in the old files overwhelmed the value of the agency name.

Too bad for consumers who may have claims and need the content of their files to resolve problems.

Too bad for the underwriter who may need the content of their files to defend a homeowner in a claim.

Consumers were the big losers when she did this "crazy" thing.

Anonymous said...

Well that was convenient! (for her)
This might be the one time I feel sorry for the underwirter.
Kathy Glor