Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Have you read this book, Other People's Money?


I am reading it but I confess that I got stuck about halfway through and haven't felt like finishing it.  It's well written, don't get me wrong, but it's not the book I thought it would be.  I thought it would be an interesting story about the housing crisis but so far it's nostalgia for a NYC housing development interspersed with an anti-capitalist undertone.

I'll be back to comment again after I finish the book but for now I'd say it is less about the housing crisis and more about the ever changing value of real property and how unless you have control over the land beneath your feet, you are vulnerable to losing it.  That's life and that has nothing to do with what we went through these last several years.

No comments: