Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Here's hoping my lunch mate misunderstood the instructions of her boss.

Attended a seminar today which included 3 CE credits.  At lunch I sat with a young lady who works for a regional bank as a mortgage processing trainer.  She said she had been asked at the last minute to come to the seminar and doesn't really know much about title insurance.  Fair enough.

I asked if she was getting credit for the course and she said no but that the person she was sitting in for would get credit.


Pregnant pause.......


I decided to let this one go.  If the folks who are in charge don't have a way to verify who is there, that's their problem.

I felt bad for the young lady who apparently has a boss with bad habits but perhaps she simply misunderstood and they sent her there for education and not as a stand in for a licensee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that's the only word I have for that!
Kathy Glor

D said...

I know, Kathy. Perhaps PLTA needs some "best practices", too, like verifying the identity of CE attendees. My hope is that this young lady misunderstood her boss and no one got credit for her attendance.