Saturday, January 06, 2007

Title Insurance Overcharges in PA

The article noted in the previous post has a footnote to visit a web site for information on Title Insurance Overcharges in PA. This link takes you to a class action attorney's site who offers free consultations. I'm not crazy about attorneys who do this kind of work. They make a lot of money under the guise of helping folks. I'd like to offer an alternative solution for recovery of title insurance overcharges.

Both this blog and Radical Title Talk include lots of info to help you identify title insurance overcharges. If you believe you have been overcharged, I suggest contacting the actual title insurance company named on your title insurance policy. Don't deal directly with the person who handled your closing, go higher. Management wants to know if an employee makes a mistake and will make full restitution to you. This way you won't have to go through a law suit and pay an attorney.

If you'd rather not contact the title insurance company or believe you are not being treated fairly, then complain to the PA Department of Insurance. You can do this on-line here.

I am always available to help you determine if you have been overcharged. You can call me or send an e-mail. I often get calls from consumers who are not my customers who just want to know if what they are experiencing is normal.

Overcharges are sometimes just innocent mistakes and sometimes willful misconduct. Either way, we need to fix it and if you need help, call me.

No comments: