Sunday, March 16, 2008

it's tax time

I'm not a tax advisor and so I'll not attempt in any way to provide tax advice. I DO want to mention for the benefit of those who have been through a real estate transaction this year that you should make certain your tax preparer has a copy of the HUD-1 Settlement Statement.

If you can't find it, just call your real estate agent or the attorney or title agent who performed the closing. They'll all have a copy.

If you are a consumer involved in a closing with our office, simply shoot me an e-mail or a fax 724-238-7830. If you want me to send it directly to your tax preparer, I can. For privacy reasons, I like to get your request in writing. I'll be happy to send a copy by regular mail, e-mail, or fax.

No comments: