Saturday, November 26, 2011

query: who underwrites for "XYZ" title

Well, I hid the name of the agency in the query. ;)

Contact the state insurance department and ask for the name of the underwriter(s) who sponsored the agency in the licensing process.  Title insurance agents represent underwriters and so the identity of the underwriter(s) for whom the title agent issues policies is known to the regulating agency.

No comments: